Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 80

This last week was a SUPER BUSY week! I spent most of the week running around trying to get things done. I had to prepare things for baptisms, MLC, next week's zone meeting, and Elder Hampton's memorial. But, it's good to be busy and I got it all done and everything went alright. 

I really like my new area here in Tainan. My companion is Elder Taylor. He is going home 2 weeks from today, so the time we have together is pretty short. He is a really good missionary and we have had some good times together. He is from New York, but he moved to North Carolina when he got into high school. I need to work hard though, because once he leaves I will have to start leading the area.

I am serving in the city. Tainan has a very good reputation in the mission for being a clean and a happy city. The people here are said to be happier and more receptive to the gospel. Since coming here I have felt there is something very special about Tainan. I really like it here and I hope that maybe I will stay here to finish out my mission.

Last Thursday we had MLC, or Mission Leadership Council, which is held once a month at the mission home for all the zone leaders and sister training leaders. It was a great experience! And I got to see a lot of people that I knew from earlier in my mission. We also had a great lunch that Sister Blickenstaff made for us.

Then on Saturday I traveled back up to ZhangHua for Elder Hampton's memorial. I went up in a car with Elder Millett (my MTC companion), Elder Wang (who used to serve in ZhangHua with me) and Elder Sagastigi (who served with Elder Hampton in the MTC). I spoke, as well as the stake president in ZhangHua, President Blickenstaff and one of his counselors.  I was really nervous about speaking. I was going to be speaking Chinese, and they were going to be translating it into English as I talked, so I was worried they would get confused and my thoughts and feelings would get lost in the translation. But everything seemed to go okay. I feel the talk went well and I feel honored that I was asked to speak.  It was a great experience to be there to honor Elder Hampton.  The Spirit was very strong.  I am so grateful for the blessing I had to serve with Elder Hampton.  I learned so much from him and the experiences we shared.  

After the memorial service, we had a baptismal service. Claire and Sister Lin got baptized on Saturday! (Elder Hampton and I served together for only a short time, but I feel like we worked hard and accomplished much in our time together.)  It was my privilege to get to baptize both of them. They were the first people of my mission that I had personally found and baptized myself on my mission so it was a very special experience for me. I am so happy for both of them.  There were lots of ward members at the baptism and I know they will look after them and fellowship them.

We have a lot of cool members and investigators here. I am excited to serve the people of Tainan! I am so grateful for my mission! I love it!

Love, 
Elder Quist

Sister Lin and Claire

April 30th





District in ZhangHua

Peter's baptism - April 23

MLC










2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to our family Noah. Keep up the good work, your in our prayers♡
    Love The Rosser's

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to our family Noah. Keep up the good work, your in our prayers♡
    Love The Rosser's

    ReplyDelete