Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 82


NEW TRANSFERS
The new movecall is here and with that I get a new companion and a bunch of new people in my district! It will be an exciting movecall here in Tainan and I am excited about what will happen.

My new companion is named Elder Redding. I have seen him a lot while serving, but I have never really served with him. He has also been on the island for a long time. He is going home after two movecalls, so it is possible that I will stay with him until he finishes the mission! Then once he leaves here I will get a new companion and then hopefully stay here to finish out my time.  Elder Redding seems like a very nice guy.  He is from Bountiful.

Last week we had a baptism! Lin Bo Ru got baptized last Friday night. It was a really good service. As part of the service all the missionaries sang "Nearer My God To Thee" and while we were singing Lin Bo Ru started to cry a little (even though he is a 19 year old college freshman). I thought it was pretty great that he was able to feel the spirit.  He bore his testimony about how he wants to endure to the end.

Then last week was also my birthday! That was quite the experience. So we had a nice morning... at first I felt like most people had forgotten it was my birthday. But then, we went to district meeting and after district meeting the district surprised me by bringing out a birthday cake! It was super good too!  Elder Taylor bought it for me. Then after that it just so happened that I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Millett. That was a great birthday present! We got together and had a great exchange together. Even though it rained and we were rejected by some people, it was a really fun time together. At the end of the night, we had a lesson with Bo Ru. After the lesson he surprised me by bringing another cake into the church! It was delicious too! In the end I got two cakes!  Also, my birthday package got to my apartment the next morning!

That's about it for the week. We are trying to find new investigators. We do have a couple investigators with baptismal dates, but we want some new investigators who can get new baptismal dates. We are going to work hard this week, so pray for us!

I love you guys,
Elder Quist

P.S. Happy Birthday, Josh!












No comments:

Post a Comment