Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 83

I LOVE THIS PLACE
This last week was an interesting one. I had to spend time getting used to some of the new changes. Elder Redding is a really good missionary! We have already had a lot of fun times together. However of course, when you first meet a new missionary you need to adjust to the way that they do missionary work.  So, this last week was a lot of adjusting. Elder Redding loves to get up early to exercise and I love to sleep. So, it was an interesting adjustment to get up every morning at 6:00 am... but I like it now!

Along with some of the changes of last week, we also saw a lot of cool miracles. We talked with everyone everywhere we went and we met a bunch of good people!  We met a lot of people who seemed to have been prepared by the Lord. We got a few new investigators last week too. One of them is a girl named Sabrina and she even came to church yesterday.

That's something I don't think I mentioned to you guys. With the new mission president coming in, President Blickenstaff has been preparing by changing some of the rules he felt didn't comply to the white handbook. One of those rules is a previous rule that prevented us from meeting with women if there were sister missionaries serving in the same area we were serving in. This hasn't really affected me too much, because most of my previous areas didn't have any sisters. But this one does, so now I will be able to meet with anyone that I come across, male or female.

So, things are going really well now. I really like the city I serve in. It is a really clean place with a lot of nice little parks and little communities just packed full of houses. I have never served in an area that looks so much like America like this one does. This is a really nice place.

I also really like the ward I am serving with. The people here are all really willing to help out with missionary work. We have one member named Guo baba, who is an older man (68) who will ride around on his bike with us and visit people whenever we need him to. He knows all the people in the ward, recent converts, less-actives, anyone and everyone. He is also super healthy and he will challenge anyone to a push up contest!

I really love this place. We are working hard to help people get baptized and come close to the Lord. We have the help of other missionaries in the district and also the help of a lot of ward members. We are seeing miracles all the time. The Lord really does love missionary work and I do too!

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment