Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 6

This week has been especially tiring. It was really chill at the beginning, like the devotional was really good. We had the Relief Society General President, Sister Burton. She did really well! I was not disappointed, but I am especially excited for this week, because we have another Tuesday devotional, then we have a devotional on Thanksgiving. The choir director (not because I am in choir but because I heard from someone else) said we would not be disappointed by the devotional, so I am excited!


Last Wednesday our district was selected to do traffic control, which are the missionaries that are at the MTC the day we get new missionaries, and they guide the cars through the MTC. But when we got there, they already had like 3 sisters so they didn't need me. So while my entire district did traffic control, I did hosting again. It was weird to be away from my companion so much, because it's allowed when you are hosting. I got to host 3 new missionaries that day, because there were 700 missionaries coming in that day! There were so many because we aren't getting any this week, because of Thanksgiving. But since we have 700 missionaries, and no missionaries are leaving this week, the MTC is so crowded. We have so many new missionaries by our residence!
This morning we got up at 6:25 to get to the showers, so we could get to the temple on time, but there was already a huge line at the showers when we got there! We usually don't have to worry about that though, because our zone has gym in the morning, so we don't shower till like 830, and all the other missionaries are gone by then. But on PDAYS and Sundays we just can't shower, the lines are soo long. I guess I can shower before dinner tonight. 

Anyway, on Thursdays we do service.. but last Thursday we had inspection in the building we do service (the building we clean on service day) so we worked so hard to make sure that building was spotless. I was exhausted after that. 

And, on Friday we had a special teaching session, where a really good teacher taught our district in English in front of a bunch of new teachers. So on Friday we had 7 and a half hours of class time.
And to top all those days off, my teachers started to teach us Chinese. What I mean is that, for the 5 weeks previous, we learned something that can't even be considered Chinese, because it was so simple and the grammar was so simple. But last week our teachers started teaching us how Mandarin really works. It was a really difficult week of language, so pray for me to learn this language! Sometimes it's really hard. 

So by Sunday I was exhausted.. so it was nice to have a nice day to relax. But I still love the MTC, because it is really fun. The weeks have taken a toll on me, and my clothes, but I am moving forward and it is getting easier and easier. And don't worry about my clothes mom, we have a sister in our district we call "Mama Kwong", because she helps us with stains and other problems we have. 

Things are going well, I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left till Taiwan. Oh, and about visas: the district above us going to Taiwan, they are going to get their visas in the next week, maybe a day or two longer, and we sent in our papers in a few days after them. So they told us we would probably get our visas on time! But still pray for us! Pray that I can leave the 16th! 

I love you guys, thanks for the letters and the packages! Thank you especially Onna and Lilon for the cookies!! They were great! My companion who is lactose intolerant ate a bunch because they were so good, even though he knew he had to face the consequences. Keep it all coming! It's so great! 

Love, Elder Quist



No comments:

Post a Comment