Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 3

So today was a really good week. I am really started to get comfortable here. The devotionals are all so great! Last night Sister Nelson came, Elder Nelson's wife. She said he couldn't make it, but it was okay because she did so good! She said we can pray for angels by name, and she also said it's good to pray for inspiration through dreams. It was just a really good talk! At the end of meeting she had us sing "Lord Make Us a Holy People", which is a new hymn! So when you hear it in the near future just know that I sang it first.
On Wednesday this week I lost one of my companions. He had to take care of some stuff at home, but he will be back in a few months! So now it's just me and Elder Millat, with Elder Chan and Elder Marcelo of course. And we are not losing Elder Marcelo! He is staying with us until we leave, because they realized he didn't know any Mandarin. 
It's getting really cold outside? When is it going to snow? I am ready for the snow, because I realized it's the last time I will see snow for 2 years! Not to mention that MTC is awesome during the holidays! Last night in the devotional one of the MTC leaders taught us how to treat General Authorities, because apparently this is the time of year they come.  
Halloween was a good time. We all wore our orange ties, and Sister Kuang and Sister Hancock both dressed up (as much as you can at the MTC). Sister Kuang was dressed in all black, I should've taken a picture, and Sister Hancock apparently wore a bunch of conflicting patterns.. I didn't really notice but she assured me something was different about her outfit. Then we went back to the residence and ate so much candy and played basketball with our new nerf hoop. It was a good time, we played zhu (I think 2nd tone), which means pig. Don't get it confused with zhu (3rd tone), because that's Lord.
I also did sealings for the first time last Monday, and that was really cool. Today we did more endowments, and it's really nice to get to got to the Temple every day.
This last weekend we said goodbye to Wu Dixiang and Sun Laoshi, our teachers. It was really sad, because we had Wu Dixiang from the beginning, and he spoke like 4 lines in english to us on Saturday because he really wanted to share his testimony with us. And Sun Laoshi was great too, she started crying when she was saying goodbye, and so did most of the Jiemei (sisters) in the room. But not we start with Ge Laoshi, who is really cool, and Ke Laoshi, who is Zac's friend, and we all really like her a lot. So in the end it's all good.
Things are going really good here, the MTC is fun. I am really excited for Taiwan though, because a lot of my teachers went to Taizhong and they talk about how great it is. I hope the visa thing works out, we haven't heard anything about it, although they said if anything was wrong we would hear about it, rather than hear nothing. So let's hope for the best. Thanks for all the support, and know I am praying for you! Keep all the great Dear Elder and Letters coming! 
Love,
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment