Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 2

This last week has really gone by fast. I am really starting to get the hang of things. Me and my district have a lot of fun, which helps the time go by. The devotionals are great, and the spirit here is just really amazing. It's like the spirit is intensified in everything you do. For example, I watching the Joseph Smith Movie last night and it was really powerful.. even though I have watching it before tonight. The devotional last night was really good, all about repentance. The speaker shared Abide With Me, Tis Eventide, which is a great song with a great message.
The Chinese is getting better, it's pretty crazy how fast you can learn here. I am now teaching two investigators, one a day, and it's a lot of work to prepare for them. My teacher asked we don't use Chinese Scripts anymore, which are basically scripts of the first lesson in Chinese, so I have to try to teach by memory, which is really hard. My teacher still hasn't ever spoken English to us, but he's getting easier to understand. We have a new teacher too, Sun Laoshi, she is a native from Sheng Hai and she is really funny. My companion was talking to her one day and tried to say to her in Chinese "Everyone should love everyone" but ended up saying "Everyone should love Americans", since she is native Chinese, she laughed so hard. 
So Zac and Karriann went on a trip (with Denver) this weekend... Wow I may just miss a wedding. I can say whatever I want, by the way, because I am a missionary and can do no wrong. That's kind of weird to say right now though, because Zac is literally 5 feet from me right now. He is helping people in the computer lab. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks he's a missionary though, because they keep saying things like "Oh do you have the time to help me?", it's pretty funny, but it's weird to see him.
Thanks Josh and Allie for the cupcakes, they were really good! And thanks everyone for the Dear Elders, those are really fun to get so you should all send some. Everything is going good though! I really am having the time of my life here, me and my district really have fun! It's sad though because Elder Marcelo is leaving next week, we don't know why but he was fast tracked and got his travel plans last week. Crazy, because that will be me in no time. Love you all and keep the emails/letters coming (letters especially)
Love,
Elder Quist






No comments:

Post a Comment