Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 4







I CAN'T BELIEVE JOSH AND ALLIE ARE HAVING A BABY. Of course you waited till 4 weeks after I left on my mission. That's okay though, you'll have to send me some pics of it. And tell me when you know if it's a boy or a girl, although with the spirituality I feel here I am inspired to say it's a boy. I was also inspired that his name should be Noah. Just keep that in mind.. you might not want to go against a missionaries inspiration..

Things are going well here. Time flies by, my Chinese is slowly getting better. It's fun to learn a language so fast, but I am pretty sure I pronounce everything wrong here. I can't wait for Taiwan! Today when I was leaving the temple I came across my Mission President's mother-in-law and brother-in-law! They took a picture of us and are going to send it to the Mission President. The brother-in-law also said that he heard all the missionaries going to Taiwan in December are going to get their visas accepted on time! I hope he's right, because I really want to be in Taiwan by Chinese New Year. So everyone pray that I get my visa on time! 

I went to the BYU devotional, and I didn't see any of the family members there.. but I did see my old MTC teacher and Ciera. I waved to Ciera and made her stand up so all my district could see her. 

I got my Chinese nametag this week. The characters I originally sent were wrong, because I guess Brother Autumn is a weird name there.. So I am going to send a picture of the right characters. 

Yesterday we had Elder Cabie speak to us. He was really funny and he talked all about always being ready to teach, and about the power of the Book of Mormon, it was a really good talk. 

This morning I did some more sealings. The guy who was performing the sealings asked me where I was from and I said, "Santaquin, but you probably know it as Payson", because every time someone asks me where I live I tell them I am from Santaquin, then they always say they have no idea where that is, until I tell them it's basically Payson, then they're like "Oh!". But the brother performing the sealings said he was from Santaquin, so he knew where it was. His name was like Brother Scollfield or something.  It really is a small world. 

Thank you Lilon for the letter, it was really nice to get during the week! Letters and packages are great everyone.. so follow Lilon's example! Oh and thanks dad for the package, but I sent you an email thanking you. Every letter is so great. 

Hannah get ready for the MTC. I will definitely see you at least once before I leave. You are going to see so many General Authorities during Christmas time. 

Love you all, pray for my visa. And don't get mono Zac, I heard that's rough. 

Love,
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment