Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Week 36

Moving Up In The World
This week was a really good week! We got the chance to move to a bigger and better apartment. It may not be super high with a really nice view like our last apartment, but we are not as cramped here  and we have AC in our study room now. I actually really like it.

Last Monday we were able to go bowling for PDAY and I did the best I have ever done in bowling! I have never been good at bowling, but one of the Elders in our apartment used to work at a bowling alley, so he showed me how to bowl correctly. So we played yesterday and I won the first game and got second the next game! I bowled a 136 my first game and a 141 the second game!

Then throughout the week we cleaned and prepared our apartment to move. We had to clean hardcore, because our apartment had gotten dirty over the last few weeks. But we got it all done! We moved on Friday, the APs and the Office Elders came and transported all our stuff from our apartment to the sisters' apartment. 

This week we also saw a few great miracles. An investigator who had almost reached baptism about 2 months ago reappeared. She was gone because she had had a death in the family and now she wants to continue learning. She really wants to get baptized and she even came to church yesterday. It helped me realize that the people who are ready to hear the gospel and accept baptism will find it and get there eventually, and even when we feel some people are "lost between the cracks" we can be confident that the Lord is in control and He knows what He is doing. 

Then we also had another cool miracle. We were tracting and we came to this one house. Inside there were two young girls watching TV (spongebob) and a dad and a mom. They saw us and immediately let us in; they even turned off the TV (which in Taiwan means they mean business). So we talked to them for a while and taught them about prayer and how our church can help their family. They invited us back and we are going back tonight to try to teach them more. It was great! I had never tracted into a family like that before!

I have come to love finding more and more. At the beginning of my mission, like most missionaries, finding scared me so much, and I would much rather avoid it. But as I have been able to communicate better and better and my desire has grown, I have really come to enjoy finding. I love when you find cool people on the streets or in a house, and then you actually get to teach them! It is such a good feeling and it just makes teaching them so much better! Even though I am yet to baptize someone I found from my own efforts, I look forward to when that day does come!

Things are good here in Taiwan. It is hot and humid, but things are great. Taiwan is such a great, beautiful place. I can't wait to get to see more of it! 

Thanks and love you all. HAPPY USA DAY!

Love, 

Elder Quist






No comments:

Post a Comment