Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 38

This was a good week. Nothing super spectacular. Nothing super hard. Just another good week. We had the chance to meet with some old investigators and also to meet some new ones. But besides that, it was just a missionary work filled week.

We were able to meet with an investigator this morning. His name is David, and he has been meeting with missionaries for a while. He is preparing for his baptism and is supposed to be baptized next week. It will be weird because I already have an RC named David, so I will actually have to call them by their Chinese names. 

The typhoons came this week. The anticipation was pretty high the first couple days of the week. However, the typhoons didn't really hit Taiwan at all. There was one day you could definitely tell there was a typhoon, but it was only light rain and some wind. After that day the weather was pretty much like normal. 

I am really enjoying my time here in Fengyuan. This next week is transfers; however, I don't think I will be moving anytime soon, but I guess you never know. The transfer after this one is a huge transfer, with 30 new missionaries (the huge "right after graduation" wave), so this next transfer will be a "prep" transfer, getting ready to receive all these new missionaries. The next couple of transfers are really going to shift the balance of the mission, we are going to become a really young mission. That means there are going to be two groups of missionaries because of it. One group is the slightly older generations who end up all going senior companions because the mission is so young, and the other group is the slightly younger generation, that, because their generation is so large, will probably stay junior companion for a longer time. I don't know what side I will fall on those two sides, but I think I fall on the slightly older generation side. I guess we will see what that means about my future mission. 

I will let you know what happens next week. I love you all and I am so grateful for this chance to serve a mission. I learned from Alma 26 (last three verses) that the greatest joy in this life is found in helping others receive the gospel and helping them learn and grow. 

Love, 
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment