Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Week 39

豐原 我愛你
So it turns out that I am staying in 豐原for this next transfer and Elder McDougal is still my companion! I am so glad because 豐原 is such a good place! We had 6 investigators come to church yesterday and we have some great things happening in the 東豐 branch!

Also, I finally learned how to type characters efficiently on the computer. Texting in Chinese is actually pretty easy and I can text pretty fast now, the biggest limit is knowing characters for me. But I am being blessed, and even though I don't have time to study characters this early in my mission, I already recognize a lot and I am able to communicate in texting.

But besides all that, the district is almost exactly the same. We just had Elder Varvel move and we had Elder Steele move in. Elder Steele is in the same generation as me and he is a really nice guy. He is Elder Hintze's new companion. 

This week we learned some startling news about 柯姐妺, or Sister Ke. We learned that she was actually in the sisters' area, because she recently moved from our area to their area. So the sisters will finish teaching her, but we still will be able to attend her baptism. It is sad, but that is how missionary work is. 

We actually got two investigators this week, they are twins and their Chinese name is 謝, or xie, the same xie as xiexie, which means thank you. They are great investigators and they are really looking forward to baptism. We also have a new investigator named 林, or Lin. She is the wife of a recently activated member and she also really wants to get baptized. And then lastly, we had a less-active come to church recently, 吳 Jiemei, or Sister Wu. She told us she wants her two kids to get baptized who are not baptized yet and we are meeting with them tonight. So we are getting really blessed over here in 豐原.

In other news, we had our English party this last week. Every 6 weeks we have a party at our church and we invite all the ward members and all our English students. This month's party was a camping party and we told ghost stories, roasted marshmallows and played some cool games. It was really fun and we had a lot of people come to it.

Then on Saturday we had a ping pong competition. It was a ward activity and we went with our RC. It was really fun.  I did okay and we also had some good food there too.

Today was a sad day. I went to the mission home and said goodbye to Elder Fox, my trainer, who is going home today. It was good to see him again, and he said he is coming back to Taiwan sometime, and at that time he will visit me.

Everything is going well out here. I am loving it more and more every day. Tonight we are meeting with some new investigators up on a beautiful mountain side overlooking 豐原and hopefully they will accept the gospel! 

I love you all! 
Elder Quist

We had to go up on the mountain to find a member.










Me and Elder Fox, my trainer















No comments:

Post a Comment