Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 35

This week was a great week in Taiwan! It is getting hotter and hotter, but everyone tells me it isn't even that hot up in Fengyuan compared to down south on the island. I am getting more and more used to this area and my companion... Things are going better and better. We have a lot of great people in our area and everyday we are seeing more and more miracles. 

This last week for PDAY we went out and went bowling and played pool with the rest of the Elders in our apartment. It was a good time and I think I finally learned how to bowl! Then I went out and got a new camera so I could show you some good pictures of our area. 

On Tuesday we got some interesting news. We learned that we now get a whole hour to eat dinner (we used to only get 30 minutes, because we can just eat out on the go). It is a weird change to the rules, and if we ever actually use the full hour we usually just do some extra language study. I also went on exchanges with the other Elders in our apartment. I went out with Elder Varvel, a great missionary from Connecticut. We saw a lot of miracles together, including a new investigator named Gavin! We met him on the side of the road and he has started meeting with us.

Wednesday we had some more English classes. I am teaching the kid class again and it is super crazy! They can never focus, but it is still fun.

Thursday we got to go out to our secondary area, Dongshi. It is a really beautiful bike ride there, so I took some pictures this time and I will make sure to send them out. When we were out there we had a member give us a great referral. The referral is a good guy and is really interested in learning more. He will probably get baptized because he is a member referral, and all member referrals get baptized! So make sure you are always good to missionaries in your town!

Then this last Friday we had yet another miracle day! We were able to meet with 6 people. It was a great day, because everyone we met with was super great and really progressing toward baptism.

And on Sunday we saw the biggest miracle of all. We only had one investigator at church, which was great and we were so happy, but as a mission we shoot to get 2 investigators at church every week. So I prayed SO HARD to get at least one of our other investigators to come to church. Then we saw our miracle! One of our investigators, who wasn't originally going to come, showed up for sacrament meeting! Her name is Ke Jiemei and she is super great! So we hit our mission standards this week and I learned that, as long as we do all that we can, the Lord is really willing to bless us!

Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thank you so much for being such a great father to me! You are the world's best father!

Love you all,

Elder Quist








































No comments:

Post a Comment