Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 33

Believe it or not, I am going north
Wow! Pretty crazy, because I am not in Shalu right now! Rather, I am in Fengyuan, which is on the other side of Taizhong. And I know I told you all that Shalu was the most northern part of the mission, but this new area, the DongFeng branch, is actually technically more north, and it is even bigger than my old area. However, I cover a lot of mountains and far away places that we will likely never go to. My companion says we stay mainly in Fengyuan, a place that is a little more city than Shalu.  And I moved east towards the mountains and away from the beach. We live on the 16th floor of our apartment and if you look out you can see a bunch of beautiful mountains. I am excited for the chance to serve over in this new area!

My new companion is a missionary by the name of Elder McDougal. He has been out for a little while now, about 15 months. I am his first junior companion, and he says he is a little worried because this is the first time he is in a leadership position. But we will get to work hard together and we will work miracles. 

It was sad to leave Shalu this last week. I took a lot of pictures with a lot of people and I ate dinner twice on Sunday, because all the members wanted to feed me the last night. It was also a great ending to Shalu, because on Saturday I was able to baptize Chen Jun Hong. He was so ready for baptism and he is such an awesome guy. After his baptism he took us to the all you can eat, cook it yourself restaurant.

We also had the chance to go to a Japanese church concert with a couple of our investigators on Saturday. It was at the stake center and it was an award ceremony for a lot of famous people in Taiwan and also a concert where some famous Japanese members of the church, called Serenity, sang a bunch of Japanese songs. It was a great time, but also kind of boring.

I have more to say, but not enough time. We are going to the temple this Wednesday, so I only have an hour to email today, and probably an hour to email on Wednesday, but we will see. I also have a lot of pictures to send. I will make sure to send them as soon as I can. 

I love you all,


Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment