Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 99

This was a great week! After emailing last Monday, it started to rain really hard. It rained and rained and rained some more. On Tuesday it continued to rain. Then it got really serious. It began storming with rain and lightening. It was pretty insane. I remember a time before my mission when we went up to the high Unitas and the lightening seemed to be right outside our tent. The storm here reminded me of that experience.  Crazy!

We taught Chun Hao (our deaf investigator) some more lessons. He is doing really well. He is currently reading the Book of Mormon. We are teaching his entire family. Last week we went to visit him one night, but he was sleeping when we went over. His mom let us in and we were able to teach his mom and his older brother more about the Book of Mormon. This is a really special family! There is not one member of the family who isn't willing to come and talk with us. We just want to get them to come to church.  Pray that they will be willing to come to church this next week! 

We were also able to help Gwen. She is definitely going to get baptized. She has some small concerns, but for the most part she is willing. She has been coming to church consistently for about a month now, but she still refuses to accept a baptism goal. She is going out of the country for the next few weeks, so we hope that we can help her even when she is gone.

Also, we have a new investigator who is really cool. He was a member referral from a member in a different ward. He is a really smart guy that is willing to come and learn more. His name is Yang Guang Yuan. He came to church yesterday for three hours and then he set a baptism goal for the 15th of October (my two year mark!). 

We also met with Sister Qiu this last week. She is an investigator that has the same last name as me. She loves the church and loves to read and pray and come to church, but her husband doesn't really like it, so she usually can't spend too much time with us. However, we had a great lesson with her this last week and we were able to give her a baptismal goal for the 15th of October. Pray that she will allow us to go visit her home. We feel it is key to helping the rest of her family accept this message. 

This next week is transfers, so this may be the last week I spend in this area. This next transfer is the last transfer of my mission, which is really crazy to me! I feel like I just started. I love the mission... it is such a great place. I love the peace and happiness I have been able to feel while serving others. I hope you will all have a chance to go on a mission!

Love you guys!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment