Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 100

BACK TO THE BEGINNING!
This has been quite the crazy week, I don't know where to start!  I guess I can start by telling you that (yes, you guessed it) I moved my last transfer! But, you'll never guess where I moved.... to Shalu, the first area where I started my mission!  And you'll never guess who my new companion is.... Elder Weatherford! Do you remember him? He was my companion over in Fengyuan, my second area. Yes, I was pretty shocked when I heard about all the changes. The best part about it is that I am not a zone leader or a district leader anymore so now I can completely focus on my area and get the work done! I am so excited!

This last week we also had a huge typhoon! We were up in Taizhong the day before (because we went on exchanges with the assistants) and when we got up the next morning it wasn't even cloudy. So, we thought it wouldn't be that bad. Then we went back down to Tainan and as soon as we got down there, President told us that we were to stay inside until further notice. It didn't look that bad, but we went back home as we were told. When we got back to our apartment the winds started to pick up. Before we knew it, we were in the worst typhoon I have ever seen in Taiwan! Things were blowing everywhere!  At one point, we watched as our neighbor's roof lifted from their house and flew away! It was pretty crazy!

It was kind of a sad week, as I had to say goodbye to all the people that I met while in Tainan. One of the hardest people to say goodbye to was Pin yi. It was a sad goodbye. There was also Bo Ru, the one who got baptized when I first got to Tainan. It was, all in all, pretty difficult. But it's okay, because it really is a blessing that I get to go back and serve in Shalu again. I get to visit the people I used to meet with there and I finally get to meet with some of my RCs again. I am so happy that I get this chance! 

I can't believe this is my last transfer!  It is going to be the best! I am going to really live it up and savor it!

Love you guys,

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment