Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 98

THE POWER OF CONVERSION
We saw a lot of great things happen last week! 

We were able to visit our deaf investigator again yesterday. As we visited in his home we saw a huge miracle. Instead of meeting with just him, we were able to meet with him, his older brother, his mom and his dad. They all sat down with us! It was a good lesson. Even though we haven't committed them to baptism yet, it was definitely a good start. 

We are focusing a lot on going to visit people in their homes lately. As a mission, we have been used to meeting with people at the church, because the culture of Taiwan is usually not to go visit people you don't really know or let them in your house. However, we have been trying to find new people around their houses, so we know where they live and can find them if needed.  We have seen a lot of miracles because of it.

You remember Pin Yi, the investigator who got baptized last month. This last week he got called as the young single adult co-representative for the ward I am serving in right now! I remember meeting with him about a month and a half ago for the first time. As we sat down and talked in the first lesson, I could never have imagined that I was looking at the future young single adult representative of our ward. I did not see the potential of this son of God. However, our Heavenly Father saw his potential. This experience has given me faith that there are those who are prepared. They are there and they are ready.

We also had another conference this last week. It was basically the same as the conference we had up in Taichung with Elder Evans, but this conference was just with our zone and the president was the only one there with us (no Elder Evans). Since I had already been in a similar conference, I ( and a few other people) was asked to do some of translating for the conference. We translated for all of the Taiwanese people who maybe didn't speak english as well. It was crazy to think that I have gotten to the part of my mission that I am translating for other people. I can't believe I am one of the older missionaries out here. Time really does go by so fast! I can't believe I am coming up to my last transfer as a missionary. I have been getting a lot of emails from my friends who are now home from their missions and I am amazed at how fast this time has gone.

The mission is the greatest place to be!  I am so grateful for the chance that I have had to come here on my mission and I am so glad that I still have one transfer left. 

Love you guys!

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment