Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 78

Blessings from the Lord 
This last week was a very special week. My life changed forever on Tuesday when my companion passed away after being struck by a car on the way to the church. That night was a tough experience for me. However, I have been able to pray and receive priesthood blessings that have helped me to overcome and find peace through this trial.

At first, I was very shaken up. However, as I began to reflect on my purpose as a missionary and on the Plan of Salvation, I came to see this experience not so much as a tragedy for me, but as a blessing that has strengthened my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have felt the healing power of His Atonement and also the power of all your prayers over this last week. Because of these things, I have been able to press forward.

I spent the day after the accident, in Taichung in order to help with some of the legal matters. I also spent part of that day resting and reflecting on what had happened. Then on Thursday,  I headed back out to Zhang Hua. I am currently serving with the other ward's elders in a threesome, but we are also covering some investigators from my own ward. Although it seemed a little fast to get back to the work, there were some things I had to get done.  And I knew Elder Hampton cared just as much for our investigators as I did, so I knew he preferred me getting right back to work. I especially had to go back to prepare for a baptism for our investigator 羅Peter, which was planned for Saturday.

The baptism was great!  The Spirit was so strong throughout the entire service. I had a special feeling throughout, and I knew missionaries from both sides of the veil were present. I reflected on how, as one person I knew and loved, had just ended their mortal discipleship of Jesus Christ, someone else I knew and loved, had just begun theirs.

To close, I would like to bare my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I have come to Taiwan to preach to every person the truths and blessings of the Plan of Salvation and I know personally these principles are true. I know we shall all live again and once again be reunited with ALL those we loved here on earth. I know this is made possible because of the Atonement and sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ, who died and lived again. Because of this knowledge, I am not struggling or depressed by Elder Hampton's passing, but rather I am still a very happy and a very blessed missionary. 

I love you all,
Elder Quist

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops geeky events prayers is suppose to be felt everyone's prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops geeky events prayers is suppose to be felt everyone's prayers

    ReplyDelete