Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 77

Here Come the Baptisms!
I loved General Conference this last week! I felt inspired. I had many questions and I got my answers while watching General Conference. I would like to testify to all of you of the power of the words of God's prophets and apostles and I will do it through an experience this week.

We have an RC (recent convert) by the name of Will. He was baptized almost a year ago, but because of family pressure and illness, he became less-active in attending church and very less-active in his heart. Since I have come to Zhang Hua, we have continually met with him, trying our hardest to help him come back to church. Although there were some times that he did come back, and there were some times that he began to do better, there was never a real sense of consistency with him. However, this last week while preparing him for General Conference, we had a lesson talking about the power and purpose of prophets and apostles. We then shared the Mormon Message "Hope you Know We had a Hard Time" by Elder Cook. After watching that and sharing about the power of the words of the apostles, Will told us that his heart had been moved. The words of Elder Cook seemed to speak right to him. He then shared to us how he wanted to start becoming very active again. I know that the words of the prophets and apostles are the words of God, and therefore can change hearts.

This week we have a baptism scheduled.  Peter (Luo Jing Hui 羅景暉) is getting baptized this Saturday. I am excited for my first baptism in Zhang Hua and Elder Hampton is very excited about his first baptism on the mission. And we expect to get more baptisms before we end our time together. Sister Lin (the one who can't really see) came to a big chunk of conference and she loved it! She especially loved the part about having family council. She is so awesome! She talks about how she wants to share this gospel message with her friends and her family. There is also Claire, the english student. She comes to all our activities and is supposed to get baptized next week, but we might have her get baptized the following week with Sister Lin.

We are so grateful for all the blessings the Lord has given us lately! Thank you for your prayers! They have truly given us power and we ask you to continue to pray for us. 

I love you guys!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment