Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 60

This last week has been quite the adventure. At the first of the week we were able to eat lunch with Larry and celebrate his birthday. We went to an american restaurant in our area that was delicious! It was a great time.

Also this last week we had the opportunity to extend a baptism invite to the mother of our RC (recent convert). Her name is Monica and she is a great lady; however, previously she had rejected baptism dates because of her religious background. But, as Elder Dalmer and I began to teach her this week, something changed in her heart. The spirit touched her and she accepted her baptismal goal gladly! It is exciting that we can help this entire family progress towards eternal life!

Then we also had our Christmas activity this week. Our whole mission went up to Sun Moon Lake, which is a big lake in the middle of the island. It is super beautiful up there. The best part is that we were able to see everyone from the mission, including people like Elder Millet, Elder McDougal, Elder Weatherford and a bunch of other people I have met throughout my mission. Then we went as an entire mission to a buffet and ate a bunch of steaks. At the end of the night we got together and had a Christmas devotional. It was all a great time! However, it did not end until about 9 o clock at night and the Sun moon lake is about 5 or 6 hours away from Heng Chun, so we had to stay with other missionaries that night (and even then we didn't get home until about 1). 

Then this weekend we had transfers. Since there are many missionaries going home, there were a lot of missionaries who moved this last transfer, including my companion, Elder Dalmer. I now have a new companion named Elder Hanna.  I haven't met him yet. Right now I am in Gaoxiong waiting for him to come down from the north. So I don't know what he is like yet, but I'm sure he will be a nice guy.

Change is my least favorite part about being a missionary, but it always turns out for the better. I love Heng Chun and I am so glad I could have this opportunity to serve here!

I love you all! 

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment