Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 58

Happy Thanksgiving! It was a good time down here in HengChun! We had an activity on Monday where a member in our ward cooked 2 turkeys! We had a lot of investigators and also less actives come and attend, so it was an exciting activity.

I also want to share an experience that happened a couple weeks ago. We had finished a lesson and while we were biking away, I realized that I had left my water bottle back at their house, so I decided I would have to go and buy a new one. The biggest problem with that, though, is that my drink holder on my bike is just a little too small, so if I bike with a full drink it sometimes will fly off. But I bought one anyway. So we are on our way biking down the street when my water flies off! I have to slam on my brakes and go and grab it. However, right after we stopped, Elder Dalmer turned to the house we stopped by and told me a less active lived there. Elder Dalmer told me that they had met with him before at english, but he had almost no desire to come back and would never answer his cell phone. So I decided we would go in and try to see if he was home. He was! We met him, invited him to church and left.  Since then he has come to the Thanksgiving activity and church! The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Then this last week we also had the chance to go up to the mission home and listen to Elder Stevenson talk. I loved it! He talked about getting through our inadequacies and also how to testify with the spirit. He shared an experience how when he was a mission president he had the assignment to go and talk with a man who wouldn't allow his daughters to be baptized. He said that this man was one of the coldest Japanese men he had ever seen. However, because he was able to testify and promise blessings through the power of the spirit, he was not only able to get permission from this Japanese man, but also commit him to baptism! It showed us the power of a testimony and promising blessings.

Things are going great down here. Our investigators are doing well. We have a new investigator with a baptism date for January 2! He is named Larry and he has really good english. He is 19 years old and he is working down here for a year. 

We also have some changes happening down here in Hengchun. There are currently two stakes in Gaoxiong and soon there will be 3! This means we don't have to travel so far from ZTM and also we will get new zone leaders. It is truly an exciting time to serve in Taiwan.

I love you all,

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment