Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 50

Miracles in a Different Way
This last week was a little different from the week before... we still had some miracles, but they were a different kind. We had a lot of trials, as most of our lessons cancelled or stood us up, but we kept the faith and worked as hard as we could! 

Last Saturday we had 8 lessons scheduled, but all 8 cancelled. However, since the Lord is merciful, we saw a miracle of 3 lessons on Saturday that came out of nowhere, including a lesson at a 7-11! We had just been stood up for the 4th time that day, and we decided we should go to the 7-11 to make some calls. Right when we started making calls, two guys came into the 7.  They both looked like high school students. Anyway, one of them just stopped a little ways from us and was just staring at me. So I started talking to him, and he told me they were on a 2 hour break from work. So I sat down with them and we watched "Because He Lives" together, and then we talked about God and prayer. They were really cool kids who actually pray a lot on their own (When I asked why, they just said they do. Prepared souls). So I invited them to church, but they said the weekends are the busiest time for them. Then two of their friends also came into the 7, and also said that they wanted to meet with us sometime. So we met 4 really cool people that day!

I also had the chance to have interviews with President on Wednesday. I love the opportunity to just sit with President and have some personal time to just talk. It was a good time and he gave me some great counsel. 

On Monday we had a typhoon, so President advised that we just walk and stay close to the apartment. So we just made some good calls that night. I heard though that some missionaries got blown over. (I don't know what that means, but it sounds serious!)

This may just be the last week I am in Fengyuan. I am a little sad about it as I love all the people here. I love the branch and I love the people at all the little shops. (I have a list of people who work at the local stores that I try to contact as much as possible.) I love this area!  But it's the Lord's work, and whatever He wants with me is okay. If He wants me to stay another transfer that would be great, and if He wants me to move across the island down to Gaoxiong, that would be good too.

I love Taiwan! I love the people here! I want a Taiwanese companion soon, but I guess we will see what happens with that! 

Thank you for all your support! I love you guys!

Elder Quist 








No comments:

Post a Comment