Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 47


Things are going really well here in 豐原 and the rain seems to be gone, so I am happy about that! And I am going to the temple again this week! We are going on Wednesday, so today I'm just emailing for a couple hours and then it is a normal proselyting day. 

A cool story for you from this week... A couple of weeks ago we met a kid at a bus stop and we started talking to him and he seemed pretty nice. But before we could get anywhere, his bus came and he had to go, so we didn't have a chance to get his information or anything. However, on Tuesday we had a lesson, and after the lesson we had about 15 minutes to get home and I had promised my companion I would get him a really good drink before we went home. So, we were racing to a drink stand when we passed this guy on the side of the road and I just had an impression that I should stop and talk to him. I pulled over and introduced myself. He then told me we had already met, two weeks ago at the bus stop! So we got his number this time and we invited him to church. And even better, he actually came! His name is Allen and he seems like a really nice kid. 

A sad story for you from this week... Blackie texted us and told us since he is so stressed lately, he isn't able to meet with us. It was sad, but he told us he would get in contact with us in a few weeks. I am praying that he realizes how much this church can bless him!

As I've said before, this area is a really good one. We have great members, we get fed almost every Sunday lately, and the branch president is a really good guy. We have a lot of work to do from the branch, but it is okay because they help us out a lot too. We are getting this area better and better every week. 

Besides that, we are just working harder and harder to find more people to teach. We are working with some good less-actives right now, including a less-active named Yuan, who is a really cool guy and he has been coming back to church lately. 

I am excited about the work and excited I still have more than a year to get things done! 

Love you,
Elder Quist



No comments:

Post a Comment