Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 9

SO I WILL GO TO TAIWAN... EVENTUALLY
Unfortunately, I have some bad news. As of right now, I have no visa, so I do not know when I will make it to Taiwan. Right now they have just decided to keep us at the MTC, because they think we will get our visas soon, but they aren't sure. So we could be here for a few more weeks, or we could go to Taiwan or get reassigned this week, we don't know. It's kind of sad, but I know the Lord knows what he is doing. 

Last night I watched "Character of Christ", which is a video of a talk given by Elder Bednar during a Christmas Devotional. In the talk, he talks about what the Character of Christ is, and the Character of Christ is turning out towards others when the natural man would turn inward and be selfish. It's a great talk about not focusing on ourselves, and becoming more and more like Jesus Christ. It really helped me this week, because sometimes I want to be disappointed, or ask for the pity of others, because I feel like I should be leaving the MTC, but this talk taught me to reach out to others when I felt like I needed someone to reach out to me. I am comforted, and I know that whatever happens is the Lord's will. But I am still praying so hard to make it to Taiwan as soon as possible! 

This week was nice though, because I got to see Hannah and the rest of the family when they dropped Hannah off at the MTC. I didn't think I could host, but it turned out that I had time, so I did it, and I was walking up towards the road from the MTC, I saw the Oliver's truck pulling into the MTC! I knew it was them, because I saw about 8 people packed into that truck. So I waited by the spot I thought they would stop, and when they stopped I went over and said hi to all of them! Unfortunately, Elders aren't supposed to host sisters, so I just got to say hi and go. But it was really nice to see all of you! And then Onna sent me a nice package the next day with some delicious food! Thanks for that, it actually happen to be about the same time I found out I wouldn't get my visa, so it was nice to have some caramels to eat while I contemplated the woes of my mission life.  Then I got to see Hannah again at the Sunday night devotional. We both watched Character of Christ, and we talked for a bit after it. She told me she wasn't going to be able to email until Wednesday, because that's her PDAY, so I was supposed to pass along the word that she is happy and doing well. 

I hear that Chrissy is moving back to Utah. That's exciting! Except I don't really concern myself with people in the family who don't email me.. Just kidding Chrissy! Good luck wherever you are.
 
I hear Nate and Jan are heading out to Utah soon. Good luck you guys! Don't forget about me while you guys spend Christmas together, and I may only get to call for 30 minutes, if I am still at the MTC.. But I guess I will see what happens.

Happy Birthday Dad! I hope everything is going well for you! I hope work is slowing down, and you can spend a lot of time with Elin over these next few weeks.

Thanks everyone for your letters and packages, they all really help! Keep praying for me, and I will keep praying for all of you. Hopefully next time I send this weekly email I will be out of Utah, but who knows? 

Love you all,

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment