Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 11

First Full Week In Washington
So I completed my first full week in the mission field! It was weird, and I don't know if it was what I was expecting or not... It's kind of like an emotional roller coaster... sometimes you are just walking the CONSTANTLY wet streets of Washington, and people just keep rejecting you, or you are teaching an investigator or a less active and all of a sudden everything is worth it. It's weird but I like it. I'm glad I got the opportunity to try it first in English, because I think the whole culture shock with the missionary shock would have been pretty rough. Now at least when I go to Taiwan I will at least be used to the missionary life. 

Speaking of which, still no news on visas. It's okay though, because the people here are really nice and I am really enjoying my experiences here. I am pretty excited for Taiwan though, because every time I talk to someone who has gone to Taiwan, they tell me about all the awesome things I will get to experience there. 

This week was a really nice week. Since it was Christmas week, we were able to eat with families on both Christmas eve and Christmas. Both of the meals we ate were so good; a bunch of turkey and ham  and other delicious things. And I even got to Skype the family home on Christmas. That was really nice, although nothing had really changed because it had only been a couple of months since I saw them.. It might be a little different in 6 months when I call home for mothers day.

It is so beautiful up here. Every once in a while I am like "I could live here one day" but at the same time it is kind of hard, because it is always wet outside, even when it isn't raining. 

Our new investigator I told you about last week, Teonie, got the flu this week, so we weren't able to meet with her. We are going to try to meet with her today, but if she's still sick there isn't much else we can do. 

I don't know what else to write about.. My companions are both really great. Elder Grant is such a good missionary, and he helps me understand what I should be doing. He is about to go home so he knows all the mission secrets. Elder Nelson is almost as new as me, so it really helps me feel like I wasn't just thrown into it, we are both learning together.

Thank you all for your support and love, things are good up here in Washington. Still pray for my visa! Let's hope I get it soon! I love you all, Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Love,

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment