Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 104

TWO YEARS
Well, this last week was a big milestone in my mission, my two year mark! I can't believe I have now been out on my mission for over two years! It has definitely been the greatest adventure of my life. But, I will save that message for next week (the last time I will be sending an email home).

This last week was full of great experiences. We spent a good majority of the week contacting and tracting, because our investigator pool is pretty low.  But we had some fun times!  

Last week on Monday I was able to see Pony, Claire, and Kelly again! They are all from Zhanghua and they came up to eat lunch with me. It was nice to see them again and it was great to see how they are all progressing in the gospel.

Some miracles that happened last week:
We were biking from one of our cities to another city when we came to a red light. In Taiwan, we spend a lot of time talking to people at red lights in hopes of getting them to pull over and contact with us. So, I pulled up to this guy and began talking to him. Immediately, he asked me to pull over and after pulling over he told me how he had recently met missionaries. He told me he had seen missionaries about a month ago in Taichung talking to other people.  He told me he had quietly said a prayer hoping that the missionary would come talk to him. And the missionary did! They said a prayer together, the missionary wrote down his info, and then they separated. He then said he waited and waited for the missionary to contact him again, but the missionary never did. He told us how he wanted to learn more about our church. We learned he lived in our area and we got his info down. It was a testimony to me that there are people out there looking for the church!

Another cool miracle happened when we were heading to dinner. I was waiting at another red light when I heard a lady call out to me in the car behind me and ask for a tract. I turned around, handed her a tract (one I knew had our cellphone number on it) and the light turned green so she sped off. That night we got a call from her and she told us she really wanted to learn more about our church! I am loving all the miracles we have been seeing lately!

I will send you the best last email next week! 

Love you guys!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment