Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 86

This last week was a little different. For one thing, it was full of rain... But it is okay, because I feel like I have finally accepted the rain. It took me a while on my mission, but I feel like I can finally say that I actually enjoy it while proselyting. Maybe it is because of the experience I had last week on a rainy day...

We went on exchanges last week. I was with an elder named Elder Graves, from Orem, Utah. As we started our exchange together, I asked him what kind of miracles he would want to see while we were together. We decided that one of our goals was going to be to find someone together who would eventually become baptized. So, we decided to pick out a name. We decided his Chinese name would be Chen and his english name would be Charlie. So, we went out for the day looking for and praying for this guy. After being out for not too long, we came across a guy on the side of the road. This guy was really nice and even invited us over to his cram school across the street. He was about 26 and he is studying to be a bio technical doctor or something, so he had a cram school making little robots. We started talking to him and then he told us his name was Chen! We asked him if he had a english name... and he told us he didn't. HOWEVER, his Chinese name was Changting, which (if you say if correctly) sounds a lot like Charlie! We realized we found the guy we were praying for. He turned out to be super cool and we even scheduled another time to go back and visit him.

Then this last week we also had zone conference. It was great!  I got to see a lot of people from earlier in my mission, including all the elders from zhanghua. They talked to me about how all the baptized investigators are doing, like Sister Lin and Claire. Apparently they are all doing really well! I was so happy to hear that!!
  
I am doing really well lately... I love being out here. Even through all the rain! I do hope the rain stops sometime soon though, so I can go out and 傳教. 

I love you guys!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment