Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 54

PARADISE
Another good week in paradise. Down here in the "Hawaii of Taiwan" can be pretty peaceful, but it is even better when it is filled with people who are coming unto Christ. This week we met a lot of cool people and we also saw the Lord's hand in our work. 

We had a lot of service opportunities this week. The first was with Lin Baba, an older man in our branch. He had us go to his place and move some plants around. It was a good time... but he is older and sometimes he is a little.. stern. Apparently, the first time the Elders went over to help they were about 5 minutes late. He then spent the next 10 minutes after that explaining to them why you should NEVER be late to Lin Baba's house. He is hilarious. I love the people here. But don't get me wrong... we weren't late to his house.

We also had a new investigator this week.  His name is Ray. He works at McDonalds and after we met with him we realized how much he needs this gospel. Then, to confirm our beliefs, we met with a member that night who actually had met Ray and was thinking to refer him to us. I love meeting new people and the longer I am on my mission, the more I love  the people of Taiwan. 

We had a lot of other cool experiences this last week, including having to chase chickens around a member's yard and going to a national park on pday full of ancient trees and monkeys! It was the first time in my life I had seen wild monkeys! Basically everyday down here is an adventure. Today we are also going out around Kending to the most beautiful places on the island, including the place where the Life of Pi was filmed. 

This next week is mission tour. It starts next Friday at 9:30 for all the district leaders. That means we have to leave here around 6 to get there in time... Basically, it is an all day trip. But it's worth it, because we are having a general authority come speak to us! I am not sure who it is, but I am excited.

Everything is good over here in Taiwan. We are trying to help these people down here. The city is small and the branch is even smaller, but we are praying everyday that we can make a difference in this beautiful city. I love Taiwan and the people of Taiwan! I love this mission! 


Love,
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment