Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 25

Was General Conference Always This Good?
This last week the weather had another unexpected change, taking me from extreme heat to rain and wind. Although the rain isn't too bad, and I can stay dry for the most part, the people of Taiwan hate the rain. When the rain comes out, they stay in. People refuse to come to church or meet with you  unless it's at their house when it rains.

Last P-DAY we had the chance to go out to a famous beach in our area. It's called the wetlands, and it's basically a beach with water that only goes up to your ankles. So we went out there and got to see the sunset.

Then this last Wednesday we had the chance to do a lot of finding. Because we lacked some lessons that day, we spent about 4 hours trying to find new people to teach. The night before I prayed and asked God to help us see miracles. As the day went on, however, we did not see many miracles. I remember promises that if we do our part, and really try our best, then the Lord will provide people for you. However, I felt I was doing my part, and the Lord was lacking on His part. I kept going and going, but it seemed no one was too interested in hearing our message. Well, that night was English class, so proselyting was done for the day. I was a little discouraged, but I kept a smile during English class anyway. However, as the night began to end, the miracles began to occur. The first was a family who went to English class that day, who came up to us after class and told us they wanted to start meeting with us. She has had some miraculous experiences in her life with God. And as the night went on, I continued to see more and more miracles, including being able to get in contact with 3 investigators that we haven't been able to talk to for about a week. I realized through that experience that when we do what we are supposed to, God really does give us miracles. They may not be the way we want them or even the way we expect, but they do come.

Also, last Thursday we got the chance to do missionary follow up training in a city called Jiayi. It is about 2 hours train ride from our area, so it basically took up the whole day for us. But it was a great experience to see some old faces and talk about our first 6 weeks in Taiwan.

Then this last weekend we got the chance to watch Conference! I loved it! I remember Conference talks being a little boring before I came on my mission, but now I realize that when you actually listen, the talks are so uplifting and interesting. 

I am doing well! Everyday my Chinese gets better and I love the people more and more. I can't believe I have already been out for 6 months! It's crazy. 

Love you all.

Elder Quist








No comments:

Post a Comment