Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 13

Second Washington Transfer
So the transfer ended in Washington yesterday. It was Elder Grant's last transfer, so he went home, and we are getting a new trainer today. I am coming up on 5 weeks here, and next week is transfers for the Taiwan mission. I am hoping they fit us in on that transfer, even though I still don't know when I will be leaving to Taiwan. But I may not email again till I am in Taiwan. Who knows.

This last week was good. It was an especially cold and rainy week, but I got through it. 

I got 5 new Mandarin investigators who scheduled an appointment with me! Yao and Wenting, the Chinese students I mentioned last week, hit a little road bump. They told me that they believe in God and Jesus Christ, but they just don't realize how that has anything to do with them. They say they think that God is just on a higher plane than they are. I told them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, but we will see how that goes. 

As the weeks have gone on, I have prayed very hard to be allowed to go to Taiwan as soon as possible, and as I look back on my experiences I realize how merciful the Lord is. He has given me 2 Chinese progressing investigators and 5 new Chinese potential investigators. I realize that maybe I can't leave to Taiwan quite yet, but I see that the Lord so badly wants to answer my prayer. He wants to allow me to go, but it just isn't quite His time yet. So He has given me as much as he could.  He has given me a little bit of Taiwan in Washington.  I know this is how the Lord is answering my prayer. 

We had a few trainings last week. We had zone training, where we learned how to have better finding skills. Then we also had a training with the Mission President. He taught us how to work better with members. We learned statistics, and we learned that investigators who are introduced by members are 8 times more likely to be baptized than investigators we find and teach from contacting. Member work is essential, and I don't know how it works in Utah, but we should all be anxiously engaged.

I am excited to get a new trainer today and I am glad I was able to stay in this area a little longer. This is a great area full of great people. Thank you all for your letters and emails, and I hope you all have a wonderful week! (I won't be emailing until next Tuesday again, because we have a temple trip.)

I love you all and pray for my visa,


Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment